There's a raft of new opportunities for you lot out there at the moment. Karmarama and What Now are both looking for talented graduates.
So, without further ado, here's more about both:
We're on the lookout for four bright, bold and ambitious people who will make good things happen in our Account Management Department.
If you show us that you’ve got some fire in your belly and some stories to tell, we’ll invite you on to our Kadet Scheme, where you’ll compete for a job in Account Management. We will be taking on 4 Karma Kadets for 2 months over the summer, with one of our Kadets bagging a full time role at the end of the internship.
You could be graduating this summer, or you might have got your experience from somewhere else – either way we’d like to hear from you.
Applications are open now, and the closing date for entries is 4th March 2013.
All the details are at our Facebook page. You can follow us on Twitter at @karmakadets and our current Kadets @karmakadetkatie @karmakadetalex for further updates on the scheme!
2) What Now?!
What Now?! is an innovative new product that aggregates the best local information so travellers can use their smart mobile devices to discover interesting things nearby when they arrive in a new place – all without paying for data roaming. We were a finalist at the London Startup Weekend last year and are busy helping bring the product to life. Tony, the founder, comes from a background of working in various advertising agencies and marketing client-side, before leaving to study for an MBA and, ultimately, set up What Now?!.
What Now?! aims to launch in London and Barcelona in the early summer period. We are currently looking for a marketing intern who can help with the following:
- Manage social media activities – including Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Google Plus
- Develop strong links with the travel blogging community (like/dislike, make suitable and valuable comments, make suggestions, engage people)
- Co-ordinate our overall launch marketing activities
- Monitor and report on progress and key findings
- Promote blog content
- Collaborate with our fast-paced, entrepreneurial and fun team
The ideal candidate:
- Is not just familiar with, but also active social media sites and has a strong online presence. In particular, the ideal candidate would be very familiar with Twitter and its partner platforms (HootSuite, TweetDeck etc.)
- Possesses excellent written communication skills, so they can make the right judgements on what to post without damaging the brand. Our social tone of voice is important
- Has top-notch social skills - and a sense of humour!
- Is a self-starter with the ability to work independently and make judgement calls
- Has a passion for travel, culture and all things Social Media
Working in a startup is an incredible learning experience and you would be exposed to a huge amount of diverse business and marketing experiences. The internship length is flexible depending on the right candidate and there will be a small salary to cover expenses
The internship will be a great opportunity for the right candidate – and, even if your passion is to work in an advertising agency and not take up a full time role with us afterwards, it would look great on your CV. If this sounds interesting to you, then please email a CV and covering letter to tonys at whatnowtravel.com.
Good luck, all.