Sunday 2 November 2008

Possibly the finest post on ad careers ever..

But not before the best chart ever. Via Jcniemeyer. Usual rules, etc.

I'd love to be able to claim that it's one of mine...but i'd be lying through my teeth.

No no, it's by an engagement planner at W&K, Jerome Courtial. He's written a rather special post right here.

It should be required reading for any ad person, or wannabe ad person. Be sure to look through all of the links too - he even references Claude Hopkins, someone only Paul Feldwick, me and the ad historians seem to know exists.

Short but sweet this 'un. Hope those applications are going well. Apply some of this thinking to your interviews and you'll go far.

(Yes, I have used that chart in a presentation. It went down well).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"he even references Claude Hopkins, someone only Paul Feldwick, me and the ad historians seem to know exists."

You are an arrogant tosspiece, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

Am I a complete douche for not getting that chart? Is it a reference to some song lyrics?

Anonymous said...

Dave - it's Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the constructive criticism Tom.

People do seem to ignore ad history - my comment was tongue in cheek (maybe I should add a winking smiley next time ;)), and to be honest, I do think ignoring it is a mistake.

Thanks again.