Wednesday, 30 September 2009
Following on from the seemingly exhaustive list of grad schemes we posted a little while ago, there are even more that've opened.
The Cossette lot have opened. So this means:
Dare Digital have opened, deadline's the 15th of November.
MCBD have opened. Get your apps in, also by the 15th of November.
I'm not sure about Elvis - couldn't find anything. Anyone from Elvis want to confirm?
If there are any more we've missed, give us a shout. Ogilvy & McCann still haven't opened.
Tuesday, 22 September 2009
One more thing to tell you about; it concerns the creative fraternity.
YouthNet is a youth charity and online community set up to provide 16 to 24-year-olds with support and trusted guidance through award-winning website www.TheSite.org. They are running an open brief to improve their presence on and offline.
And this is where you come in, creative types. You get a few hours with the brief on Friday 25th (from 3pm-6pm). It takes place in Shoreditch Town Hall. Agencies can enter, I think, as there may be real life spangly work at the end of it.
More details here. Best of luck..
Monday, 21 September 2009
Hello again. After an uber list of impending grad schemes, a few more have been brought to my attention in the comments. Check them out here.
This is more about a paid gig though, for an agency called Mason Zimbler, who are after an account exec. The position is based in their agency in Bristol, and you can apply here.
They've also given me some more details about the position, which is below. You need a year's experience in a marketing or advertising agency. Best of luck:
Primary Focus of the Role:
The primary focus of the role of Account Executive at Mason Zimbler is to support the Account Managers in the day to day management of client activity on assigned accounts, through office based client services and administration support.
The job holder will work across specified Mason Zimbler accounts, and will involve general office administration, client services and creative liaison.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Liaising with creative, production and account managers to ensure that all budgets and estimates are accurate and available at the appropriate times.
• Estimates and costings, obtaining Purchase Orders from clients and ensuring approval from AM/AD or client.
• Briefing and liaising with production teams to ensure that innovative and cost
effective solutions are proposed and agreed.
• Client liaison at all stages of the process, including status and contact reports.
• Working with the media department internally or external media agencies.
• Managing all files/job bags, both physical and digital, ensuring approvals are
documented in writing and filed appropriately.
• Attending meetings and briefings, both client facing and in-house.
• Proof reading.
• Assisting in the briefing of designers and copywriters, liaising extensively.
• Report to account manager, according to agreed timescales, in appropriate format (both written and verbally).
Monday, 14 September 2009
Hello there. This is meant to be a work in progress grad scheme list, so let us know if we've missed any off.
Anyway. Have a look at these (they've begun to open):
BBH haven’t opened their grad scheme…yet. There’s an email for grads (grads at bbh dot co dot
Update: BMB have just opened! Check out the 'join us' section on their site. The deadline's 30th of October.
Leo Burnett's scheme has opened now as well. Deadline's the 23rd of October.
McCann Ericksson’s grad scheme is due to go live this month too. Another to check out – go to ‘about us’ and you can find the grad scheme link from there.
Hope those help - and best of luck...Feel free to tell us of any we've missed.